EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI)
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN REVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF BUTE DAM WATER SUPPLY PROJECT
NWWDA/EOI/001/2021 - 2022
Northern Water Works Development Agency, is a Government parastatal under the Ministry of Water and Sanitation & Irrigation which has the legal responsibility of ensuring cost effective and sustainable provision of water and sanitation services in its area of jurisdiction which includes six counties namely Garissa, Wajir, Mandera, Marsabit, Isiolo and Samburu.
The Government of Kenya intends to construct Bute dam through Funding, Design and Construction model. The dam will be an approximately 25m high rockfill dam of capacity 6,690,000 m3 with an average daily yield of 6700m3. The project includes the construction of a water treatment plant of capacity 6700m3/day and pipelines ranging from DN300-DN50 of total length 280km. The Agency intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services as shown below
Scope of the consultancy services includes but not limited to;
- Offer design review and supervision services.
- Ensure the execution of the project according to the drawings and specifications;
- Provide technical services with respect to the interpretation of the contract documents, expenditure control, inspection of materials, measurement of works and preparing/checking draft payment certificates for certification connected with percentage of work completed whose payment invoices will be submitted by the contractors and suppliers as well as introducing such agreed changes in the design or the specifications as may become necessary during the course of the execution.
- Ensure the preparation of as built drawings and Operation and Maintenance Manual, Emergency Preparedness Plan,
- In liaison with the client, prepare Project Cash Flow Projections
- Maintain Project Diary at the Site which includes weather condition, progress of works, issues related to implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) , and inventories of equipment and labour
- Appraising the client on Progress and financial status of the project through regular reporting in form of ( but not limited to) minutes of meetings, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports, Draft Documents, Interim, Draft Final and Final Reports.
Northern Water Works Development Agency (NWWDA) a state corporation under the , Ministry of Water and Sanitation & Irrigation now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Experience in similar assignments i.e., Dam Design Review and Construction supervision of Dam Works and Water supply projects.
- Experience in similar conditions i.e. in the northern Kenya region and also in Semi-arid areas.
- Availability of appropriate skills amongst staff including but not limited to: Senior dams engineer, Geotechnical engineer, Water supply engineer, Electrical engineer, Structural Engineer, Instrumentation Engineer, Environmental and Social Safeguards expert.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e., 0800 to 1700 hours excluding lunch time 1230-1430 hours’ local time.
Expressions of interest should be prepared in English and clearly marked with the following statements “Expression of Interest for CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN REVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF BUTE DAM WATER SUPPLY PROJECT” and must be delivered in hard copies to the address below on or before 18th January, 2022 at 1100 hours local time.
Chief Executive Officer,
Northern Water Works Development Agency,
Maji House, Kismayu Road
P.O. Box 495 70100
Fax: 254 - 046 - 2103598